Home News Local News Crews to start lining sewer pipes Monday
Crews to start lining sewer pipes Monday
Starting Monday, a city contractor will be lining several wastewater mains.
There won’t be traffic delays, but drivers should expect to see equipment and warning signs in the areas listed below.
Michels Corporation of Salem is the contractor.
The company will use the “cast in place pipe” process, which doesn’t require excavation but helps pipes last 50 years or longer than they would without the treatment.
The work will take up to nine days. Crews are already working to inspect and clean pipes to prepare them for the lining.
More information is available by calling 541-523-2046 or 541-524-2020.
Wastewater Lines to be Rehabilitated
• Alley: First to Second; Madison to Campbell
• Valley Avenue: Resort St. to river
• Alley: Elm to Grove; Grace to Myrtle
• Alley: Elm to Grove; Myrtle to Cliff
• Alley: Elm to Grove; Cliff to Indiana
• Alley: Grove to East; Grace to Myrtle
• Sixth Street: C to D; B to C
• Washington Avenue - Fifth to Sixth
• Campbell Street: Seventh to Eighth, Eighth to Ninth