Home About Us
Privacy and Security Policy
What type of information do bakercityherald.com collect about their users and how do they use the information?
If you use the web sites, we use a feature of your browser called a "cookie" to track traffic patterns and usage of our sites. The cookies may contain a number or other information which tells us the type of web browser used, web site pages viewed, and frequency of visiting the web site. You may choose not to accept cookies by changing the preferences on your browser.
If you use the web site to send us information (for example, a letter to the editor or obituary), we collect information about you necessary to support that service. This information includes personally identifiable information such as your name, phone number, e-mail address or other contact information to enable us to follow up with you as needed. If you send an inquiry via e-mail, we may collect your e-mail address.
If you use the web site to purchase or renew a subscription or to place a classified ad, we collect information necessary to process that order and to send you a confirmation. That information includes personally identifiable information such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and credit card details.
If you participate in a survey on our web sites, any information collected about you is only what you explicitly agree to provide. If you provide an e-mail address, we may use it to send you questions we occasionally pose to readers in connection with our news coverage.
If you subscribe to a newsletter or news alert service, we collect your e-mail address in order to provide that service to you.
With whom does bakercityherald.com share the information they collect from its users?
We use statistical analyses of user behavior to analyze usage of our web site and to develop summary - not individual - reports to inform our advertisers of levels of interest in various areas of our sites and how many users have seen or "clicked" their advertisements. We only disclose information in aggregate form to third parties in such reports.
If you use the web site to purchase or renew a subscription or to place a classified ad, the information we collect, including personally identifiable information, will be shared with third parties who perform tasks required to complete the transaction, such as fulfilling subscription orders and processing credit card payments.
From time to time, we may solicit your participation in online surveys. If you volunteer to respond to such a survey, we collect demographic and other information about you that we may use to solicit your opinion on stories and events we believe may be relevant to you based on the information that we collected from you through the survey.
We may also release personally identifiable information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with applicable laws and government requests, to operate our systems properly or to protect our sites or our users.
We will not sell your personal information to any third party.
What security measures does bakercityherald.com perform to protect the privacy of personal information received from its users?
We will take all reasonable steps to safeguard personal information that you provide to us. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology during transmission, which encrypts personal information that you provide to us.
Notice regarding personal information collected by third party content providers and links to third party web sites on bakercityherald.com:
Children's Privacy Statement
As required by U.S. law, bakercityherald.com has created this children's privacy statement to explain our practices with respect to the online collection and use of personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
1. We do NOT knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally-identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen, we will delete such information from our records.
2. Because we do not collect any personally-identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen, we also do NOT knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
3. We do NOT knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally-identifiable contact information.
4. We do NOT condition a child's participation in online activities by requiring personally-identifiable information.
5. The dominant page in the bakercityherald.com web site that children might use is our Newspapers in Education page, which contains links to high quality education web sites. These sites are reviewed and approved as appropriate for children by our Newspapers in Education Director. There are no pages in bakercityhomes.com of particular interest to children.