Visitors to the Baker County Library will see several additions to a favorite work and readi…
The Baker City Planning Commission heard more testimony Wednesday about a proposed 70-foot-t…
Baker senior quarterback Spencer Shirtcliff knows that he and his teammates have a chance Sa…
A Portland man who was seriously injured when his vehicle landed in the bottom of a ravine o…
A bright Monday morning greeted a group of veterans, their families, and civilians who gathe…
- Utah man faces number of charges after driving wrong way down Cabbage Hill
- Baker man accused of pointing fake gun at driver
- Baker City man charged with felony assault for allegedly hitting man with metal pipe
- Former owner charged with theft from business
- Elk hunt with no elk still turns up treasures
- Banks puts 20-game winning streak on the line as Baker seeks to avenge 2018 loss
- Whistle Worries
- More than 2 dozen Bulldogs earn all-conference honors
- Trooper describes car’s plunge off Hells Canyon road
- A Hero’s Final Act
Baker's football season ended this afternoon with a 34-14 loss to top-ranked Banks in a Class 4A quarterfinal game at Hare Stadium at Hillsboro High School.
When my son Max realized that going elk hunting with me was unlikely to involve any actual elk, his attention wandered.
Farel Baxter’s dad died almost a quarter century ago but even now there are moments, when he’s deep in the Eagle Cap Wilderness, that Farel feels his father as not merely a pleasant memory but…
The stump of the juvenile ponderosa pine nearly sent me sprawling, but I wasn’t particularly perturbed at barely avoiding what might have been a painful tumble.
An email that prominently features the words “food” and “tester” and “free” is as irresistible to me as the film “Point Break,” the chorus of Duran Duran’s “Rio,” and Oreo cookie filling.
Thoughts on Veterans Day and train whistles
We don’t yet know whether the Baker City Council will commit public dollars to establishing a Quiet Zone in town, meaning freight trains would no longer sound their whistles as they approach s…