Five local veterans, one from each branch of the military, will be honored during an event Saturday at noon at the Veterans Memorial Club, 2005 Valley Ave.
Ty Gassin, a 2013 Baker High School graduate who owns a metal-working business in Ontario, will present each veteran with a metal U.S. flag featuring the emblem of their service branch.
The veterans are:
• Geraldine A. Lynn, who served in the Navy, 1990-1992
• Robert M. Warner, who served in the Army, 1945-1946
• Wayne E. Everett, who served in the Marine Corps, 1966-69
• Patrick T. Arriola, who served in the Coast Guard, 1990-95
• James W. Berka, who served in the Air Force, 1965-68
The Baker Elks Lodge, 1896 Second St., is offering a free steak dinner for veterans and their guests Saturday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
On Monday, the annual Veterans Day ceremony will take place at 11 a.m. at the memorial, which lists the names of local service members killed in action, on the east lawn of the Baker County Courthouse, 1995 Third St.