Baker’s wrestling team rolled to a 64-12 victory over Ontario Thursday in a district dual on the Baker mats.
The Bulldogs won a majority of the matches by pin, starting with Colt Cobb over Ontario’s Nike Sigrah at 220 pounds.
Baker coach Brandon Young said one of the more competitive matches was at 132 pounds, with Baker’s Johnny Niehaus defeating Ontario’s Kyle Wulf.
“It was a good match,” Young said. “Johnny kind of controlled the match.”
Niehaus placed 4th at the Class 4A state meet last year, and Wulf was 5th.
Thursday’s match could well be a preview of the district championship match at 126 pounds, Young said.
Other Baker winners Thursday included:
• Jaden Martin pinned Jose Moncada at 285 pounds
• Caleb Shaw pinned Evan Camacho at 113 pounds
• Ian Feldmeier won by minor decision over Jaden Schnepp at 152 pounds
• Hon Rushton pinned Alik Sigrah at 182 pounds
• Alex Ritter pinned Jeffery Schnepp at 195 pounds
• Gavin Stone won by major decision over Alijah Huerta at 120 pounds
• Jake Eskew pinned Santiago Brambila at 145 pounds
Young said some Baker wrestlers will compete at the Pine Eagle Invitational Saturday in Halfway.
He’s in Hillsboro this weekend with the new Baker girls team, which is competing in a large tournament with about 285 wrestlers.